Last week, Monmouth University held their second Winter Commencement. Although I technically finished and received my degree in August of 2011, I "walked" with the class of 2012. The ceremony was held at the new athletic center on a Friday afternoon.
That's me walking up on the podium below. The kids got a kick out of seeing me on the Jumbotron!
And these are the people I cannot thank enough: my parents (above), my husband, and his parents (below). Without all of their combined efforts, I would not have been able to physically attend classes at MU or drive to numerous different co-operating schools to implement my lessons. Their babysitting services allowed me to complete (an excessive number of) research papers while enjoying complete quiet.Although it took five years, I really enjoyed my 'one class a semester' routine. I've met many fantastic educators through the Reading Specialist Program at Monmouth and still keep in touch with many.
My plan WAS to take this year off from studying... but I was approached by a former professor who asked me to consider teaching an online graduate course. It was actually my favorite course to take as a student-- Multi-cultural Literacy. I interviewed and accepted; class begins this week. Not bad, going from a student to a professor in a few months! I'm looking forward to continue my path as an educator :)
3 comments:
Sheryl, Well done :)
Great job, Sheryl! - Mina
Whoot!!!
Post a Comment