Thursday, January 31, 2013

"Like a Watering Can"

"Momma! This chip looks like a watering can!"
 He would not eat it.
He would not let me eat it.
But we could take pictures with it ;)
 Only my sweet boy, Oliver, would see that in a chip.
He sees things that others don't. He sees many things that I don't see.
Just when I think I've got this parenting gig all down pat, and I'm running in a million directions, trying to do a bunch of different things each day, I'm reminded by Oliver to stop and smell the roses.

Or to take a 'nature walk' around our block on a January day when it was 65 degrees.
 "Come on, Mom! Let's go see what we can find in nature!"

 He got this new camera for his birthday and he just loves using it. I have to download the (clear) pictures soon and post them, like I've done with Trenton's photographs in the past.
Gnarly tree!

Oh, Oliver, you are getting so big, so fast. You talk about EVERYTHING under the sun-- books you read, things you observe, places you'd like to go. You've invented your own invisible 'ghost friends' and talk with them, inviting them to play with you when your brother is not around to entertain you. You love gymnastics and running around like a happy-kid, but you also know your limits (getting squished in a claustrophobic mat sent you over the edge this week).

You think of others before yourself.

You sing, you dance, and you smile.
 Every day.
Sweet, sweet boy.

No comments: