Oh boy guys. Little man just graduated preschool.
He had wonderful teachers this year, Mrs. Wharton and Mrs. Postorino. They went out of their way to always challenge him, to grow both academically and socially.
Graduation ceremony included lots of singing and dancing... showing what you know... These kids counted in Spanish, played several basic musical instruments, demonstrated they knew directions as well as colors, counted by tens, and recited the Pledge of Allegiance.

20140613 101030[1] from Sheryl K. on Vimeo.
Ballin' the Jack: Oliver's Preschool Graduation song 20140613 from Sheryl K. on Vimeo.

Oliver, I'm so darn proud of you. Every day, you help Mommy get you to school on time, because you love being the first one there. Every day, you race from the "Pilot Parking Spot" (yes, there are several Pilots in that lot... and like, three black ones...) to the front door of the school, shouting at your friends as they shout your name back at you. And you wait patiently, and take turns, and enjoy snack, and sing beautifully... You love going on the computer, but understand that it should not take up all of your free time at school. Towards the end of the year, you got to stay an extra hour for lunch bunch, which I know you really enjoyed, but I really missed you.
And then this week, it was all over.
But you walked out of there knowing you'd be back again soon (for church), and very, very excited about starting kindergarten
I know that I'm a lucky Momma to have you as a son. And I know that an October birthday was just perfect for us... got to steal one more year with you, buddy, before you have to go off to school all day and all week long.
I love you, Oliver!






No comments:
Post a Comment