Kicking back some cider.

Trenton's school had a field trip today to Battleview Orchards in Freehold. I've driven past it but never been there before, although we have
enjoyed fall food-picking before. Most of the kids in the class went, along with their parents. The woman in charge of the tour was great-- totally geared towards pre-schoolers, which I really appreciated.
Below, Mr. Know-it-all raises his hand with a comment. Interestingly enough, she never called on him. Had to move along? Waste of time? He was the ONLY one with his hand up.
Poor T.
But I gotta hand it to him, I was impressed with his patience and his ability not to lose it when she didn't call on him.

After a tour of the cider-making facility (including a trip inside the giant refrigerated room where they store the apples-- so cool! so cold!) and some time discussing how apples are grown, we actually got to go to the orchards.

Harrison and Trenton bared the rain to fetch some apples off of the tree.
Ollie couldn't stay away from 'em.

Then it was over to the pumpkin patch.
Can you tell which kid is too excited to stay with the group and listen?



After an hour or so, we were done. Ollie really still wants that morning nap around 9, and crashes at 11 if he doesn't get it (which is what he is about to do in the picture above).
Trenton plans to decorate his pumpkin and have Daddy cut a Jack-o-Lantern from the other one. I think I'll try to bake with the six apples we got. Wait-- seven. I found one in the bottom of the wagon when we got home!
No comments:
Post a Comment