Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ollie's First Haircut

It had to be done.


I'd said before that I didn't want to cut his hair... that I liked it long... but that when people started mistaking him for a girl, I'd consider it. Well, it happened the other week ("Oh that's Oliver? I thought he was a little girl!")... so I made Jim get out the scissors.

I figured we'd get him all set in his chair, Elmo on the TV, and lollipop in hand, just like I used to do with T. Lollipops can get sticky with hair, didja know that? Ollie was a good sport, though, and tolerated Jim's cutting. Just over the ears, a bit in front, and a bit in the back.
I, on the other hand, was not very supportive. I believe I stressed Jim out a bit.


But he's my BABY! And he has gorgeous hair!
Once you start putting shoes on them and cutting their hair, they are no longer babies.
They're TODDLERS.


Thankfully, still as cute as a button.

4 comments:

Jay said...

Lookin' good, Ollie! See you all tomorrow. :-)

Andrea said...

oh my he is adorable!

John and Marianne said...

He's a cutie no matter how long his hair! The lollipop is a fantastic idea. Love Jim in the wig and you in the hat. Great new opening picture. Grandma & Grampack

. said...

Ollie looks so adorable! Really like the lollipop idea, wish i would of thought of that with lil sam. Hope everyone is doing good. Love yall