Monday, August 2, 2010

Ollie's First Trip to the Farm

Akk!
Okay, so I totally had one of those moments the other day when I realized that Oliver is almost two and that I've never brought him to Atlantic Farms. This adorable farm is right down the road and I used to take Trenton there all the time. Ohhh the guilt I feel at these times... :(

The kid was absolutely EXCITED to see all the animals behind the fences. Listening to all the noises. Smelling all the smells that only farm animals can make. In person.
He clearly thought that you were supposed to 'feed' them rocks, as well.


No buddy, let's try some long blades of grass instead.




This baby goat was adorable, sleeping in a hay-filled nest. The watchful momma allowed me to get pretty close before she came trotting over.

Deer don't eat rocks either, buddy. Normally, we would have gotten handfuls of corn to feed the animals (I even remembered quarters for the machines!) but they were all out.

Can you see the pig over his shoulder? No rock-feeding for this massive animal.
He gets pounds of leftover veggies instead.
This is the closest I've ever seen that pig. I cannot even tell you how big it is. At LEAST the size of a rowboat. Or half a car. Or something.

Pigz. In Da Mud from Sheryl Konopack on Vimeo.


Can you see the rock in his hand here? He threw it at the goat, then promptly yelled, "I did it!" (see picture below)

It was really nice to spend some time with just the little guy. We'll be back soon!

Ollie Hears It from Sheryl Konopack on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

He could not be any cuter!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Jolly Olie Now we know you know all those farm animal sounds. You are just adorable!! Love You! GM & Pop Pop Lacina