Yes, this is the post where I get to freak out a little bit, because I'm starting to realize that he's going to kindergarten in a few weeks. And there is no turning back.
I've spent most of August combing the circulars, looking for deals on glue sticks, and folders, and the 16 pack of crayons (not 8 or 24; not the big, thick "baby crayons"... don't worry, I finally found them at Kmart)... Got him a brand new backpack at Lands' End... yellow, like Bumblebee (the Transformer). It is kinda fun to shop for back-to-school stuff. Especially when it isn't too pricey...
Today I found out his teacher's name, his bus route... He'll be going to kindergarten in the afternoon. We'll eat lunch and walk to the bus stop together. Then I'll come back and have to put Ollie down for a nap. And wait in a quiet house until he comes home again.
It seems like those are going to be the longest few hours of my days from now on.
I love you, buddy. I know you are ready for this.
But is Mommy ready for it, too?




3 comments:
You just made his daddy cry. Thanks.
Maya is starting kindergarten in a week too. She is going to KECO program first then kindergarten in the afternoon so I dont' get to see her going into her first class; but it's okay.
We just got her backpack and school supply from grandparents in Japan. She is sooo excited!
Miss you guys!
Mina & Maya
Awww, brings tears to my eyes, too. How did he grow up sooo fast?
Post a Comment