Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Space Farm and Museum

 This weekend, we met up with Kim, Bobby, and Ben at Space Farms Zoo & Museum waaay up in Sussex, NJ. Although the stated intention of the trip was to explore the huge zoo and museums, I was really there to hold & kiss the heck out of new baby Ben ;) (Which I did do quite a but, but have no pictures of him to prove it!)
 Jim caught this awesome frog!


 They had lots of outdoor play equipment... much of it reminded me of the same things I used to play on as a kid. There were all kinds of animals -- birds, tigers, farm animals, monkeys, bears... And the museums housed a lot of old, local historical things: farming equipment, toys, bikes, automobiles... I really wish we had more time to see it all.
Below, the boys stand in front of a waterfall (indoor waterfall... not sure about why that was).
 

 The boys got a kick out of standing inside this old jail cell.

 Then we put Jim in it.
Then we tried it, too.Don't we all look so guilty?


 I thought this sign said it all. I look forward to the day when we can hike the App. Trail together as a family!

 Oliver was very, very excited that there were tigers there. He had made a tiger earlier that day, complete with green dots ("specks, Daddy, like on your face").
 An awesome Mexican lunch at Riviera Maya! The boys had vegetarian burritos and ate most of 'em. ;)

 And as we drove out to Holland Twp., we did some rainbow chasing! At one point, there were two bands, although it did not show up like that in these pictures.


No comments: