Thursday, August 9, 2012

Trenton's Pics/Dorbrook Trip

Trenton asked if he could use my camera. Here are some of his best shots.



Now, bonus points if you can tell me what THIS is a picture of:




That's right! Oliver's rear end! In Thomas the Tank Engine boxer briefs!
Cute tush, for sure. But photographable? Blogable? I guess so. Just look at that sweet face.


Big man, now. He's wicked heavy to carry, too. But oh, so suave...

He's very into reading and writing. I almost fell over when I walked in on them reading bedtime stories tonight and Oliver was reading Henry and Mudge. Now, it was not the first time he's heard that particular story... but I hadn't read it to him in awhile. And there he was, reading sight word after sight word, sounding out other words, and using the pictures to help clue him in. Trenton helped him with a few tricky words.
HENRY AND MUDGE, guys. That's like a second-grade reading level. The kid is three and a half.
(I will boast about my kid here. It is my baby-book blog, after all!)
Below, he spells out "Happy Birthday"... follow it around the smiley face ;)

OH and we have an ant farm. A friend (smartly) got Trenton this kit for his birthday... I had wanted to save it for the summer, when we'd need something to keep us entertained. The ants are busily doing their thing... although half of them died in the first day or so. I like this ant farm in particular, because of the side-tubes and the bottom wells (they are supposed to be for food and water, but the ants have decided to make one place a burial grounds/extra sand area). We feed them crumbs and water. They are easy pets.





We went out the other afternoon to Dorbrook Park... hadn't been there in a long time. Packed a picnic dinner, played at the sprayground, and also had fun at the wonderful playground. Colts Neck is a beautiful place. And we had a very, very nice summer night.




No comments: