Our garden has been good to us this summer. Zucchini (striped! looked like a zebra!), cucumbers, lettuce, green peppers (even though we thought they were supposed to be red), and tomatoes. And FINALLY, look what is (kinda-sorta) ready:
I was told to wait until you saw some orange peeping out of the soil.
Ah, but sometimes, that does not guarantee large carrots:
This is our haul for now. I will leave the rest in the ground for awhile longer.
We ate some raw, and used the rest for soup. Mmmm, soup. I had a cold this week, but did everything I could to get over it quickly. Large doses of Vitamin C, soup, and sleep, sleep, sleep. Jim was instrumental in achieving that ;)
Jon, Dan, Jim, Jay, and Jamie (on the laps). We had planned for a beach day with the first few... and the last one just HAPPENED to be in town from San Francisco this weekend. Nice Del-Val HS reunion. Still goofballs.
No comments:
Post a Comment