Sunday, July 28, 2013

Goodbye, Good Truck

 

Jim and I decided that it was time to try to sell the truck. There were a few more things that were starting to go wrong with it... and neither of us wanted to spend the time or energy to get them fixed.

This Explorer was a gift from my family, given to me just after graduating from college. It parallel parked in Massachusetts, drove out and back to Illinois countless times, took me to the hospital during both labors, and generally had all the bells and whistles that one could ask for.

Ollie asked if I could take a picture of him hugging the truck goodbye. :(

Although we'll miss it, we are now very happy with our new Honda Pilot. Reason enough: the thing has waaay better gas mileage than the Explorer. And nothing is leaking. And the boys can put down the back windows-- something Oliver has never gotten the opportunity to do in his life, and believe me, it is his new favorite thing to do. It can schlep us to the beach, around town, and even fit up to 8 people (carpool!) It has a sweet stereo system, and the Bluetooth hooks right up to the phone when you are inside. It is so quiet when you turn it on, we actually forget that it is on.

I do miss my moon roof and my keyless entry and my ability to throw whatever I wanted to into the truck, not caring if it made a mark. The boys are on a strict water allowance and I haven't decided how we'll do/if we'll do food yet.

But we'll keep it.
Will insert pic here soon :)

No comments: