Monday, December 21, 2009

Day Two of De BLiZzArD

Ahhh... so it snows all night long, after snowing all day long... didn't stop until about 8:30 on Sunday...
Here are some pictures taken when I got up. Around 5AM. Which is when we all get up now, thanks to Oliver.

Christmas lights were left on overnight.
All night long, all I kept hearing was the dang BEEP BEEP BEEP of some snow-moving-vehicle backing up. Actually, I'm still hearing it now, and we are a day removed from all of this.
The local kids had off of school today. Monmouth ran on a delayed start. Finals have to be rescheduled. Joy!
A view out the back window.
I had to fight back the snow as I opened the sliding door to take these, as it was crawling up the window thanks to all the wind.


Again, why wait to get out of pajamas?

Staying in, for now. You see, there was so much snow, it was significantly higher than Oliver. And I didn't want to lose him in it!
I'd say we got about 24 inches? Three feet? Hard to measure with the drifts...

Happy kid.


Face Full of Snow from Sheryl Konopack on Vimeo.




We kept piling up the snow from the cars and sidewalk onto the same spot. Therefore, it was about five feet high. T LOVED climbing up onto it.


Insisted we dig out the Santa Stars. And so we did.

As of now, it is 40 degrees and melting slightly. Thank god for 4 wheel drive. The roads are still a mess. Two lanes have become one. Slush has turned brown with salt. Kids are sledding down the big hill around the corner. And machines are still beeping...

No comments: