Here we go again.
We had rain in the early morning hours, then big, fat, thick flakes of snow. Then little snowflakes, which made me think, "Alright! This is almost over!"
Now we have the flakes the size of a few frosted flakes stuck together.
BLAH.
#1 Trenton's BD party is on Saturday... if it doesn't stop significantly by then, they won't let us rent out the clubhouse, and I'll have to get thinking on what to do.
#2 Tomorrow is Pajama Day in T's class. They're supposed to come in with a stuffed animal (he wants to bring Baby Mike and Mr. Met) and a blanket, and in their PJs, of course. Movies and popcorn-- sounds fun! Here's hoping that they can have school tomorrow...
On to the good things, though. And they certainly are GOOD things. Just have to wait for WINTER to be OVER before we can enjoy them ;)
#1 Jim's been asked to present a poster of an abstract he submitted to the IUHPE World Conference this July. Yes, WORLD conference, which means it is international! This year, it is in Geneva, Switzerland. I'm so proud of him-- lots of work into collecting and processing data. He's asked me to come along (!) and the Bluesteeens and my mom and dad have graciously offered to watch the kids for the week or so that we're gone. The plan as of now is to fly into Geneva a few days before the conference begins and travel around a bit... maybe to Bern? Closer to the Alps? All comments from Geneva travellers are appreciated! I'm sure you'll read more on this from me in the future...
#2 I've been accepted as a mic wrangler volunteer at the 2010 BlogHer conference! Basically, it's one of the premier events for female (and a few male) bloggers out there. Last year, they were in Chicago. Just about every blogger I follow (see links on the side of this page) was there-- and I got to read about their expereinces in their own blogs. This year, they are going to be in NYC in August! They put out a request for volunteers to work registration tables, blog about events, or be 'microphone wranglers'-- in exchange for free registration to the conference! So, I wrote in my application about how I work out regularly at the gym ("I'm quick! I can sprint! I'm agile! Watch me put a microphone in front of a speaker's face!") and how I live nearby and could totally be counted on for helping out, yadda, yadda. Anyway, I'm psyched about being able to be involved-- I get to attend workshops and sessions for FREE!
Trenton took some pictures today with his camera. If I find time soon, I'll add them to this post. Otherwise, know that I'm not blogging too often due to the fact that my class is eating up much of my free time. Sorry! You'll definitely have pictures from T's birthday celebration this weekend, though.
Snow, SNOW, SNOW!
2 comments:
awww. we feel aweful about the party! but it's such a mess here and forecast is through Sat am. ugh. Hope you have a fun day anyway.
and congrats on getting the job of mic wrangler! lol. have fun!!!
A mic wrangler is a perfect job for you. Wrangle in those comments.
Post a Comment