
"Yeah, figure out what's ailing me, momma."
Poor kid has been coughing for three weeks straight here. Last two weeks I've been giving him Zyrtec in the evenings and Nebulizer treatments three times a day, but have found no real improvement in the cough during the day (Trenton, however, has all but stopped coughing, so I think the Zyrtec has worked for him). I'm watching Ollie carefully, though, as I've decided to split his 1/4 tsp. dose into two doses, one in the morning and one in the evening. But he's been all over the place-- waking up at 4AM, sleeping until 7:30, and then today not napping for longer than a half hour! I've read some horror stories about all the nasty
side effects of Zyrtec and I'm getting to think that I might just stop it altogether unless we see some real improvement. He HAS cut down on his daytime coughing, but that might be because we've been inside for the past two days. Due to RAIN. Ugh, I'm so done with rain... Thankfully,
it is going to be high 60s/low 70s and sunny from tomorrow on...

Dad came over on Saturday night for dinner. Mom was out of town and Jim had gone into the city to meet up with old college friends. The boys love it when he gives them a bath and reads bedtime stories.
Dad likes it too ;)

With Spring Break this week from school, we've been filling up our mornings with playdates. Above, Trenton and Bobby in the playroom. I did my best not to be a helicopter parent, and let them play alone most of the time. But I had to intervene when they'd taken every single game off the shelf and had all the pieces everywhere. Have to be better about teaching them how to pick up one area before playing with something else. But that is easier said than done...

I remembered these PJs from when T wore them. He must have grown out of them quickly, though, as they're in really good condition! Ollie loves riding Ponkey and really has good balance. Below, he gives hugs and high-fives to Daddy before he leaves for work.



Tuesdays are gymnastic days this spring. I finally remembered to bring my camera to take pictures. But because the gym is so large, the flash didn't carry too far.
I bet T would be happy with the picture above, anyway, as he always says he likes the "blur".

Here he tries to walk his feet high enough on the mat so that he's touching the chalk-drawn face. Below, he hangs on the rings.
He really likes gymnastics class but I'm not sure if we'll continue with the next session. Seems like something better done during the fall/winter/early spring months. We'll see-- he's signed up to go until mid-April.


I decided to brave the rain and drive up to visit Great Grandma Lacina today in her nursing home. She's still in good spirits, although can't always say what she wants to say. She recognizes me and the kids and was constantly telling Ollie to "Get down from the fish tank! You're going to knock it over!" The facility had a rabbit this week who had just given birth to bunnies. Both the kids liked looking at it through the cage. Last year they had chicks around Easter time!

1 comment:
Sheryl - thanks for the comment on my blog. I have stopped by your blog in the past via Bridget's. :)
We met at Sholem Pool one time (for about 2 minutes) about 3 years ago - you were in town visiting and met up with the girls from playgroup.
It is so nice that you, Bridget, and Mina? have met up a few times in that area - so cool to stay in touch with people and be able to reconnect. Take care.
Post a Comment