I had a nagging thought about stopping by Atlantic City on the way home. So I did.
I paid for one hour's worth of parking at a meter and took to the boardwalk. I blew $20 on the slot machines at the Trump casino, totally forgetting that you can still smoke in these places. The beach, off in the distance, looked really nice. I thought of my grandmother a lot. She used to love to come down here for the day.
I'm glad I went. Although I was only gone for 24 hours, I felt like I had a lot of 'alone' time. It was nice to be able to think-- just about me. And to get new sunglasses!!! (Similar to these, but brown and on sale!)
I'm soooo excited about THIS weekend's weather-- supposed to be in the 80s! Maybe we can squeeze one more beach day out?!
No comments:
Post a Comment