Friday, April 27, 2012

Inside, Outside, Upside-Down

 This is the post where I will gush about how AWESOME  a reader my son Trenton is ;)
I'm most proud of his fluency-- he reads with expression, good prosody, and doesn't sound like-a-choppy-little-kid-who-sounds-out-each-word. He reads what he is interested in (above, that's a Johnny Boo graphic novel). He reads for enjoyment. He comprehends. When he gets to a tricky word that he doesn't know, he sounds it out, uses context clues, looks at pictures... usually makes a guess and keeps going... but if I'm there to remind him and guide him, he almost always can get it.
He's reading at a second-grade level, you guys.
His standardized test scores are almost off the charts.
I'm so proud of him.

 Look closely at this guy. See the red cheek? That's what happens when you walk in front of a batter... plastic bat. But still awful looking & hot to the touch. He let me put ice on it for ten minutes, so I'm sure it is better than what it could have looked like. Poor baby.

 And check this out!
I've always wanted a tree swing for the boys. The tree in our old backyard was too short. This one is juuuust right.
I did some finagling... cut up an old baby swing and removed the ropes... to get this to secure to the branch. Both boys are still getting the hang of it. But love it!



Ollie spends most of his time like this ----------------^
Balance!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Mom is GREAT!!! Enjoy your new swing. Ollie keep your hands and head up HIGH! Love U Guys! GM AND POP POP