Monday, April 2, 2012

Popcorn Park Zoo


 Day 1 of spring break for the kids. Off to the Popcorn Park Zoo in Lacey.
I think the last time we were here was when I was pregnant with Oliver.
 And now he is old enough to stand this close to the ducks...
 The kids loved these bears. I had brought a bunch of peanuts (because they sell them, as well as popcorn, for the animals to eat) and the bears loved them!

 It was nice to plan this trip with friends. We put it on the MOMS Club calendar, so a few families were there, including our buddies Har and Jon.


 One of these cats (cougars?) was in heat. I have never heard a cat like that growl before. It was interesting.




And a camel, too.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Wow, cool bears! Did that mountain lion/cougar/puma/panther/catamount sound like this?

I've only ever heard them growl at football games and on old westerns! :-P

Anonymous said...

Trenton & Oliver, YOU ARE TWO Lucky Boys to get to see all of those animals. Love GM & POP POP