Trying to squeeze out every last bit of these long summer days, I took the kids to Holmdel Park to visit the Historic Longstreet Farm.
The farm itself is a living history museum... there were people dressed in authentic 1890s clothing, doing 'typical' farming work. I remembered how much I loved vising places like this, especially when we spent some time gazing at one of the wall-sized historic US maps in the visitors center (sadly, no picture). The boys spent time running around looking for the farm cats; they were fascinated that the cats had jobs at the farm, too!
Stables for horses and cows. There was a cow- milking demonstration, as well.
Oooo baby, and then there was THIS. Take a look at that Cubano panini above. It was HUGE and totally worth it. I'm a sucker for great Cuban sandwiches... The boys split a fish and chips (which was also delicious). As you can see from the bag, we lunched locally at Delicious Orchards in Colts Neck. This will NOT be the last time they see us!
When they saw this sign, they begged me to go berry picking. So we tried to. Only the berries aren't ready yet. So-- green beans!
I'd met the brains behind this new movie "The Ooogiloves" and was totally sold on their G-rated, get-up-and-move idea for this movie. Each kid got a glow stick with a butterfly on it, and was encouraged to dance and sing numerous times during the movie. Although we thought it was a bit goofy (Anna and Alex came with us), all three boys seemed to LOVE it. So that's good. Because they're planning sequels...
Finally, look at this amazing web that a spider chose to make outside our front door. And look at the size of the freakin' spider!!!
This does it no justice, although it is a good attempt. The spider was-- no lie-- about 3 inches in length.
No comments:
Post a Comment