Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve, 2012

 Our boys are so lucky to have a Daddy who loves to get his hands dirty.
I was about to throw out an expired box of cornstarch when I heard "Wait! There's an experiment there!"

Apparently, when you mix cornstarch with just the right amount of water, you get this amazing liquid/solid (AKA a non-Newtonian liquid). The boys could roll it, or let it roll off of them.


 Every year since T was little, we've spent New Year's Eve with the Bluesteens. The initial plan was for them to come up to our place this year... but, alas, I am still so freakin' sick and tired (and sick and tired of being sick and tired). So we had to rough it on our own.
 His brother custom made that hat.
And "sparkly juice"

 This one wanted Gatorade. Luvs that Gatorade.

 Heck yeah! Dance party! With the new light-disco-ball! And chicken legs... and Scooby Doo pajamas ;)
And we finished out the night by watching old home movies on TV. Trenton as a baby in IL, Trenton in utero, Oliver's first year, etc... I think this might be the first year in a long time where we are 1)sober and 2)hittin' the sack before midnight.
See 'ya, 2012.

No comments: