Saturday, June 8, 2013

Getting Ready for Summer

 

Jim competed in the President's Cup this week at Monmouth. He played croquet in this interesting outfit. Unfortunately, his team lost... but he had fun.

The first delivery of the CSA was this week! Lots and lots of greens-- spinach (I cooked it with ham and mushrooms, above), mustard greens (cooked with bacon because those are spiiicy!), radishes (snacking on 'em), salad greens, green onions (adding them to everything), and kale. Looking forward to the next 24 weeks... Hoping for no extreme weather from now until November. HAHAHA!


 Here's a good picture of the progress Jim's been making on the clubhouse for the boys. When he has had the time over the last few weeks, and it hasn't been raining, he's been out there working hard. I think he's enjoying it ;) Ollie swings, showing his approval, in the background...

 And sometimes you just gotta bake a cake.
It rained ALL DAY LONG on Friday. Instead of building an ark and floating on out of here, I decided to make something different out of the ripe bananas on the counter. Viola!  We made cake!
(I think he liked the cream cheese-butter icing the best.)
 

 And guess what? The Yankees are in the playoffs! They won their first game, lost the second, but won the third. So I'm sure we have at least one other game coming up this week.
 

Although Trenton has, for the most part, enjoyed the season, he's been disagreeable about going to the last few games. I know he likes to be part of the team, and to hang around with the guys... and he gets a kick out of hitting. This evening I asked him if he thought he'd want to play again next spring. His answer was a decidedly quick "No". I gave him a minute, and then asked why. He responded, "I'm just not getting enough exercise, Mom. There's too much sitting around. I'd rather play soccer so that I can keep jumping and moving."
 Anyone who knows Trenton well knows that the kid doesn't sit still... So, we'll see. 
 


(Oliver will be old enough for Tee Ball in the spring, though!)




No comments: