That's right. Ollie is crawling.
Not dragging-one-leg-behind-me-like-a-limp-dog-crawling.
CRAWLING- crawling.
So much so that we had to haul out the baby gate from the attic last night, as he kept trying to scale the stairs.
He cruises on the furniture. From the couch, to the toybox, to the TV, to the footstool... Very happy that he can do it, too. You should see the smile on his face.
He's also mastered the sign for "all done". Used it today at lunch when we were halfway through a bowl of prunes and apricots.
***
Trenton has croup. He's had it at least once before.
Starts with a mild fever, then runny nose... Then one night you hear him coughing like a seal. Usually it is viral and plays itself out. We used the cool midst humidifier last night and I think it really helped. He's a bit crankier, but also more cuddly.
Need to buy another bottle of Children's Tylenol... always pays to check for online coupons before going to the store... Someday I'll get my hands on a mobile device that allows me to just download them, as stated here.
***
I agree with this article here. Seems that with an early Memorial Day and a late Labor Day, this summer has been extra-long. I never NEVER wish summer away-- it is my favorite season. But fall has lots of benefits (Ollie's birthday, wearing jeans again, crisp smell in the air). And everyone knows that the best beach days are August and September... You can bet that we've got a few more trips in us. Especially now that the crowds have gone.
This one is for all of you out there who can't believe I'm not on Facebook. As I've said before, if I were on Facebook, when would I have time to blog? Seems like the tide is changing there. FAD.
And this is for all of you out there who don't know about Jim's running interests. Check out these shoes! He wears them when we go out; they look really comfortable. But odd, no?
PS If anyone wants to brave the shore this Labor Day weekend, know that we'll be there at least Saturday and Sunday... Either in Avon, Belmar, or Pt. Pleasant... drop me a line to meet up!
1 comment:
Here's my stream of consciousness post - Big boy Ollie! Go, buddy, go! Feel better T. I still think you should join Facebook (or fb as us cool kids call it). Wes and I saw those shoes a year ago in Chicago and thought they were bizarre. Even more bizarre seeing people running in them.
Post a Comment