:(
The Blogosphere cries today, as we say goodbye to one of the finest.
That's right. Brain from Looky Daddy! is ending his run as a parenting blogger.
I first heard of him in a Star Ledger article that highlighted his blog. After reading one post, I was hooked. He will always be the BEST parenting blogger I've ever read. Wicked sense of humor, fantastic choice of topics, adorable girls... and he lives in New Jersey. I've often wondered if I'll turn into this when T starts preschool in the fall...
So why is he doing it? Here's a bit from the post:
"Blogs are incredibly time-consuming. Or at least they are if you spend thirty minutes writing a post and then two days obsessing over it: Reading the comments, rereading the comments, reading the post, wondering if you're still funny anymore, calling your mom to ask her what she thought of the post, scanning the Internet for blogs that say the post changed their life. It's the very definition of irony: Letting your kids watch TV so they won't bother you as you search the web for references of what a good dad you are. And don't even get me started about Twitter."
Ain't that the truth. I wonder when I'll find time to blog once the boys have given up their naps.
But for now, I'll be Google-ing the web looking for future writings from the guy who got me hooked on it all, Brian Sargent.
1 comment:
Don't Google too much. There won't be anything for a long, long time. Too much laundry to do first.
Post a Comment