Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter, 2010

It's so funny that this was the first picture of the bunch on Easter morning... You try to get everything set up the night before and leave the camera in a place that is easily accessible. But then they wake up and race downstairs...
Both boys saw the various eggs hidden around the house pretty quickly. But while we ran around watching Trenton, Oliver figured out that you could OPEN the eggs and that there was CHOCOLATE in them. He LOVES chocolate-- just like his momma... So is that a look of guilt? Or maybe he's wondering if it will be confiscated? He didn't seem to care that there were more eggs to find. He was fine with the one he had ;)

The look on T's face here is priceless, although the picture itself is overexposed.

Everything happens with a superhero stance, it seems.
Trenton scores points for finding the most eggs, and getting me to think that I'm liking Easter morning more than Christmas day... Make sure to check out the videos of the kids finding their baskets. You can sense T's determination to find his basket after seeing what Ollie got in his. I actually think T forgot that there were baskets hidden-- he was so focused on the eggs!

Oliver Finds His Easter Basket from Sheryl Konopack on Vimeo.


Trenton Finds His Easter Basket from Sheryl Konopack on Vimeo.


The bunny was good to them.
Major stash of books, toys, etc... All the candy was in the eggs.
Oliver got a babydoll that is very similar to Trenton's baby Mike. T says that it is a girl, but I'm going to leave that up to Ollie to determine...

Who am I to deny the little guy his first taste of Peeps?
























I'm pretty sure this is the best picture of the bunch.

Or is it this one?

Definitely not this one.

Okay, at this point, just get us to church already...


Thanks, Jim, for attempting to get a great pic near the flowers. Unfortunately, the little people were not as cooperative as last year :(
My parents came in the late morning, went to church with us, and then returned for lunch. Afterwards, they went off to visit my grandmother and put flowers on my grandfather's grave. The kids napped. Jim and I enjoyed the quiet for a bit. The afternoon was beautiful and we were able to spend a lot of it outside with the kids.
Below, T holds the flowers that I planted today in front of the house.














"Thank you, Hop, for bringing me all those treats! I will show my gratitude by feeding you your favorite-- brown rocks!!!"


And then, I fed them all ;)
We had ham, apricot glazed carrots, garlic asparagus, cornbread cake, and carrot basmani rice.
And wine... new fav is a California red blend called Menage a Trois (tastes great and right in my price range).
Dessert was assorted goodies from mom that were donated the next day to Jim's colleagues at work.
I'm continuing my Lenten challenge of giving up chocolate... sorta... I've decided to see if I can limit myself to eating chocolate only on the weekends. It has been a rough week, on top of the already six weeks I've been doing this, but I'm interested to see if it makes any difference in the long term weight-wise. We'll see how long it lasts...

1 comment:

Jay said...

Heheh "Easter chicks! My favorite!"