Ahh... spring is in the air.
And with that, you KNOW I've got a project up my sleeve. HA!
The playroom in the back of the house STILL smells musty whenever it rains. And it drives me crazy. The neighborhood cats come around and do their business in the front yard mulch. And that drives me crazy, too.
So my solution?
EIGHT TONS OF ROCK!
Oh yeah, baby. Drop! Drop it like it's hot!
Makes you wanna pose like a superhero.In your pajamas.
Or like a disco dancer. Whichever you prefer.
I spent all day Friday prepping the area around back, shoveling rock into the wheelbarrow, and laying it.
Too tired yesterday, and it was rainy.
Jim and I are now finishing it.
Kids played happily on this mound for TWO AND A HALF HOURS without fighting.
I'm thinking we need to keep it around a bit longer...
Look at this beauty!
Don't worry... I'll place the rock caareeefullllly around you ;)
Day 2:
Children will avoid work by hiding in trees...Or climbing atop rock piles...
Looky here! All done!
I can proudly say that it has rained twice and I no longer smell the musty smell in the playroom! Hopefully this means that the rain is draining far enough from the house now.
And on to the front yard! We plan to put the rest of the rock here and add new wall pavers to keep it all in.
3 comments:
Haha looks like a lot of fun for the guys! Sweet poses, dudes.
Hope there were no cars still in the garage, heh.
What a GREAT JOB!! LOOKS REAL NICE HAPPY HOME OWNERS I knew you both had a green Thumb. Love Ya MOM & DAD L
Now that is a project well done!!! It looks terrrifficc! That yanking the stumps out paid off! Great Job Jim and Sheryl, Trenton and Oliver Too, Love Pop Pop
Post a Comment