Sunday, September 9, 2012

Oliver's First Day of School... Trenton's, too ;)

 Look at that kid.
He's not supposed to go to school! He's the little one! Who sticks with Momma all day! And naps!
But nooo. He's now off to school!
 He couldn't be happier.
I guess two mornings a week is a good way to start.
 Now, this other kid here...
He's finally going for the full day, five days a week.
"That's six and a half hours, Mom."
I got a bit sad when I had to pack him a lunch. I'm going to miss lunching, just the three of us, every day.
He picked out his own clothes. He didn't know many kids in his class. But he was excited to wait at the bus stop with the rest of the neighbors.

 After dropping T off at the bus, Ollie and I came home and played a bit, just the two of us. Above, Oliver puts together the Kinder City game that used to be his Grandma Konopack's toy!

 And then we were off to preschool. Where, apparently, you need to strike a superhero pose each time mom asks to take your picture. (Marleigh, above, is probably thinking "What the heck is he doing?")
 "Momma, if I miss you, can I tell the teachers and they'll come and get you? Like at the gym?"
Sure buddy.
But that wasn't necessary. He made a friend and played Legos. And had animal crackers. And was laughing and hanging out when I came to pick him up.
 These boys deserved cake.
 So we sang "Happy First Day of School to You" and ate cake with as  many sprinkles as we wanted.


It's going to be a great year.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

they have grown so much!
Trenton looks so tall! And Oliver has lost the baby look. :(
I hope it is a great year for both of them!