Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hanging Out With Grandma


Let me tell you, having family close by is a GODSEND! We are so lucky to have grandparents with flexible schedules, too. In the weeks leading up to Oliver's birth, both Jim's folks and my parents were willing and able to come down and help out... and now that he's here, the kindness keeps coming!
Grandma Konopack stayed with us all this week. Trenton absolutely loved all the attention, and I really liked having someone around to talk to, eat delicious food with, and pass off a baby when I needed a nap!


Trenton and Grandma baked biscuits for our dinner. Being that Dad got a deer earlier last week, we were able to enjoy a lot of venison meals together (soup, meatballs... yum!)



They all have his eyes! Ha!

I could not let another autumn go by without taking a picture of this tree. I missed it last year, as all the leaves fell off with one storm after another blowing through... I absolutely love the contrast in the colors between the evergreen tree, the yellow/orange "Trenton tree" and the rust/red trees out back.

Melissa visited us, too! Here she is holding Oliver... she also burped him, like, three times! Very good at that, I must say. Thanks for the delicious soup for lunch and the conversation. I love my friends!

No comments: