Thursday, July 16, 2009

Belmar Sandcastle Contest, 2009


Yeah, I know what the title of this post is... but how could I not begin it with these AMAZING shots that Jim took? It was hard to get many without anyone in the background, and I had to crop a few.





We had visited the contest last year, when I was prego and Trenton was still afraid to go into the water. What a difference a year makes... I did my best to shield Ollie from the sun and he actually fell asleep and took a good nap in the sling. He's getting up there on 20 lbs. and I'm not sure how much longer I can do that...


There is some great video footage here that shows the winners of this year's contest. The local news station was there (and again, I paraded Ollie around behind them as they filmed, trying to get my cutie on TV, but neglected to watch TV for the rest of the day, so I don't know if it worked). If you do watch the video above, know that I saw the woman taking these shots with a smaller video camera with a big microphone... The part where the two people are carrying a garbage can full of water up the beach-- we are right to the right of them. I think you can hear me shouting at T, actually ...


A great day for the beach.

No comments: