Dang lordy! Where did the week go? We've been so busy doing all kinds of stuff this week (and not blogging until now). Monday was the beach, Tuesday was a trip to IKEA, Wednesday was Mountain Lakes, Thursday was Washing Machine Day, and today is RECOVERY.
These pictures are from our random trip to IKEA on Tuesday. I got the new catalog in the mail last week and have been DYING to get up there. Trenton is now tall enough to go in the play place and it was wicked hot and humid that day... I was a bit hesitant to stick them in the car, drive an hour, play for two hours, and drive back... but it all worked out. The darn store is under construction, though, so about half of the displays are new, and the rest are behind some crazy draped tarps... lots of noisy workers, too.
Oliver loved crawling around in the model bathrooms! Tried to eat the dust bunnies... He is very into pulling himself on ANYTHING he can reach. Above, he does this with a front-loading washing machine.
We desperately need to update our bathrooms at home... I think I like the one below the best.
Trenton had such a blast in the ball pit. I never usually let him go in those things (cesspool of germs, but I'm pretty sure there were no snakes). He was SOOO SAD when I came to pick him up. They only let you leave them for an hour. He made several friends (who we kept running into later on in the store). Kids meals were FREE this week (sweet!) and we ate lunch while watching the planes fly into Newark.
We make it a point to visit Jim's grandmother each summer. This week we spent time with her at her home, enjoying lunch together and dinner out at a local restaurant.
Nice picture Jim took above, no?
Trenton and Ollie like the old toys that Great Grandma still has for them to play with. Amazing to think that generations of Wilsons have probably done the same thing that T is doing above.
In addition to the high-chair, Great Grandma also had a smaller chair with a tray, back from the days when her two middle daughters were small enough that they both needed to be seated at the same time. Works for us!
As Ollie and Jim napped, Trenton and Great Grandma read If You Give a Moose a Muffin. I had brought supplies from home to create sock puppets (as the moose does in the book). It kept us entertained and quiet for awhile.
2 comments:
IKEA in 5 min. from home, I drive by every day to drop off Maya but I have not been there for a couple of months!
I was waiting til cold weather to go there!
How was their new stuff???
I love your new bathroom stuff...you could get a much bigger unit with a storage with a sliding door. Is that for upstairs?
Mina
You look fantastic! I rarely see pics of you on the blog. I think my blog is the same way.
Post a Comment