It started building last week, when he saw a full-page color ad in the Star Ledger. Of course, there was a Spiderman balloon involved. "He's HUGE!" He definitely wants to watch it on TV. Then I (made the mistake of) telling him that some day I'd take him to the parade. And sit on the street. And watch the balloons FOR REAL in front of us. Of course, he took this to mean we'd be going tomorrow...
I've always been leery of that parade for two reasons: 1) it is always too freaking cold for me to be sitting outside and 2) it takes too long to get back out of the city and to wherever I need to be to eat dinner. Oh, and the crowds, traffic, inability to find a bathroom, yadda, yadda, yadda...
But you know what? Maybe this is an option. Less of a tourist trap and still can be home for dinner. I'd definitely wait a few years for them to be ready to enjoy it, though. Just like I'm patiently waiting for the year that we can go see the reenactment of Washington's Crossing on Christmas Day. Hmm... that link says that they have a dress rehearsal the week before... but during naptime :(
Happy Thanksgiving, 2009 from Sheryl Konopack on Vimeo.
For you history and/or food buffs out there, I found this article on the sweet potato and yam to be very interesting. No botanical relation, if you can believe that.
Finally, we've had to be more vigilant about what gets stuck on the heating vents in the playroom lately. Seems that if you have a Hot Wheels car on top of the metal vent for awhile and then go to touch the car, you can really get hurt! (He's fine. But cautious now.) Also, Ollie has figured out how to deposit all the crayons on the floor, right near the vent.
Let's hope this is the last crayon casualty we find this winter...
1 comment:
What a great turkey day song Trenton! It sure looked like Oliver was looking for the candles to blow out! About the crayons you could always melt them all together and create a pretty cool candle! AHHHH the joy of Boys! Love You Guys! Grandmom & Pop Pop Lacina XX00
Post a Comment