Thursday, July 5, 2012

Baby Goats

 I've been getting eggs locally for months now... we've tried a few different farms, but the one I like best in in Jackson. I called them up the other day to make sure they had eggs available (they had been allowing them to hatch rather than harvesting them)... and my call was returned, along with the news that a goat had just had a set of twins, and would the boys like to come over and meet them?

Why yes, they would!


The kids were born two days prior to when we saw them... they still had afterbirth sticking to their legs! They eagerly nursed and made the most adorable "meeeh" sounds. Both boys were very excited to hold them.

 Keepin' cool in the barn above.
Later that afternoon, I took Trenton to run some errands with me while Ollie and Jim napped. They opened a Let's Yo in Howell and let me tell you, it is Trenton's new favorite place to hang out. Because they have iPads.  He couldn't care less about the ice cream.
Put a few big-screen TVs, free WiFi, and a few iPads with games on them... and the kids will FLOCK to your business, no matter what you are selling. Each time we've been here, I've "created" T's dessert (strawberry non-fat fro-yo, with fresh fruit and a few sprinkles). Hasn't costed me more than $2 (granted, I get a VERY little portion) and he has the best time playing games on the iPad. Summer fun.

No comments: