Niiiice sangria up there... didja get to have some? Also made a peach basil one. It did not come out as intended. But my kind friends drank it up anyway. The best was the peach lemonade. Although labor-intensive, TOTALLY appropriate for a summer get-together.
Oliver actually spelled that out. BY HIMSELF. Pretty good!
Despite earlier predictions of thunderstorms all day, we ended up with perfectly HOT temperatures & sunny skies! And sweaty kids!
Jim manned the grill all afternoon. I believe he changed clothes twice.
The Bubba Burgers were a hit. HA!
Evidence that kids are getting older: Graham (above) and Kendall (below).
We got smart this year-- we set up a few things in the front yard, and a few things in the back yard, including another tent and more tables and chairs. I think there were at least 50 people who came throughout the day and evening.
Below, the kids engage in their first egg toss! It was interesting-- some tears were shed when the eggs cracked!
But no tears here! I will say, each year, more adults participate... I think they are just trying to make the hostess happy (it works!)
Snapped the pic below a bit late... Jeremy actually fell right over this stump-- but still preserved the egg!
This year's winning egg (thrown by Mina and Jason) was allowed a respite in the house before being thrown out by the cleanup crew at the end of the night. (Jim did a slam-bangin' job of cleaning up-- thanks, babe!)
Very nice group shot!
Alex and Oliver, Maya and Trenton...
I have to say, we had a BLAST this year at the party. (Although not this kind of blast ;)
Thank you all for coming-- the dishes you brought were delicious! And thank you, thank you to the rain for holding off!
1 comment:
Hi Sheryl
I've been meaning to email you.
I would like to thank you for having me and Maya on the 4th this year! We had blast.
Maya passed out as soon as we left your home. LOL
We miss you already and hope to see you again soon (before 4th of July next year).
Mina & Maya
Post a Comment