Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Adios, San Diego

 Funny thing is that, way off in the distance there, past the bridge, you can see Tijuana, Mexico. So the entire trip, I'm expecting to hear awesome Latin beats, eat killer Mexican food, etc. And there was virtually none of that. I don't know if it was because most folks must be bilingual or what. Other odd thing: there just wasn't a whole lot of people around. Jim says that this is because we were in the business section of SD, and that lots of folks live in the 'burbs. This may be the case, but everywhere we went (even on the weekend), it felt like a dead city. Very much the opposite of NYC-- most buildings were new (or new-looking), no dirt or graffiti, and little diversity.
 Ahh, but you offered me quality November sunshine, and for this I am grateful.
That's me on the balcony. 20 floors up, man. I could NOT look down without getting  sick, but I could look out. Mad props to the Marriott for upgrading our room, free of charge, because of our early arrival. The balcony was wonderful.

And here's a pic from out the window of the plane. Jim was happy because they had Direct TV and he could watch all the Sunday football games live, in the air. Pretty cool. Our flight path took us over NV, CO, IL, OH, PA... and then home.
 To see these little dudes!
Check out the tent/fort that they built at Grandma Lacina's house:
 They seem to have missed us terribly, but still had a great time with their grandparents and uncle.
Below, a little video of my little men singing to Rhianna. You go, guys.

No comments: