Thursday, November 8, 2012

November's Nor'easter


 What's that you say?
Just live through the toughest hurricane in a century and now get ready for a Nor'easter?
OK.
We can do that.
ARUGHHHH!!!!
Monday was still powerless for many in our town and Tuesday was Election Day. On Wednesday, Trenton returned to school for the first time in over a week, and when he came home, there was THIS: 
By 9:30, the power was out.
AGAIN!
Allowed us to take some pretty fantastic photos of the front yard, though.

 (You can tell who has a generator on our block...)
 Now, check out our tree. As you know, I've had it pruned recently, and then the thing made it through Hurricane Sandy and only lost one large limb. But this? This was just too much. This wet, heavy snow just did a number on the trees everywhere. Because there are still so many leaves stuck on them, we ended up hearing cracks and crashes all night long. I couldn't stand it anymore, and eventually went outside and smacked the heck out of the leaves with my snow shovel in an attempt to clear off the branches and give the tree a fighting chance.
 
 Same tree the next morning.







 Suffice it to say that I believe this Nor'easter did just as much tree damage (if not more) to our area as Hurricane Sandy did.
And I'm not pleased.
Neither is he:
 He's like "WTF? Did I just witness Jim using a lawnmower, a rake, and a snow shovel all within a month's time?"
Um, yes, you did.
 Our refrigerator. Again. A bit more efficient than last week.

 
 But hey-- it was a snow day for the kids! Better play in it before it all melts! And puddles up all over the streets because the drains are clogged with leaves from the storm last week!
 Snowball fights. Below, with Alex.

The kids had a great time sledding down the hill in Alex & Ellie's backyard. Only problem was that we didn't have a dryer to put the wet stuff in once we got home...
When I realized that the weather report was calling for 20degree temps for tonight, and that none of our friends in town had power either, Jim and I made the call to pack up and ship out. We'll be staying at my parents' house for a bit, warming up.
I'm done with this nonsense. Go back to being a normal November, please.

No comments: