Jim had a conference in SD to attend and he also had scored with an airline credit... so we used that to buy my ticket and chill in California for a few days. After the insane fall that we had in NJ, it was a welcome respite. Many thanks to our parents for watching the boys for a few days, so that we could get away solo.
The hotel that we stayed at was the Marriott Marquis and Marina, located right at the water's edge in San Diego. Across the water there you can see the island of Coronado and the beginning of a magnificent sunset.
Leading up to the trip, we kept checking the weather, which called for cloudy skies the entire time we'd be there. After complaining about this for hours, Jim finally forbade me from making any further comments. So I did. But let me tell you, that was a long-ass flight to get out here, and I was not a happy camper knowing that I'd be sitting in the cloudy cold.
Look at those crazy trees. So tall, yet so little shade.
First trip out was to eat. We'd caught an early flight and by the time we arrived, it was lunchtime Pacific time, but dinnertime for us. So we were famished. Luckily, Jim had done his research and found some fantastic spots for us to fill our bellies.
That's my special pumpkin drink that I enjoyed at Grant Hotel Bar. Apparently, it was featured on the Food Network. It was very, very good, but had too much of the holiday spice in it. I drank it anyway. :) We also had truffle fries, as an appetizer.
Then we headed over to Extraordinary Desserts. Check out the cases that you literally walk into as you enter the place:
Dang, kids! Eat some dinner first!
And we did. Jim had a cheese plate and I enjoyed half a paninni. We got a chocolate dessert to go and ended up eating it for an early breakfast the next day.
We hit the sack pretty early, because we were exhausted.












No comments:
Post a Comment