We went a little crazy last night... it was the first night this week that Jim was home early, and I really wanted T to bake these cookies with him. Also, Frosty was on TV at 8PM. So we decided to bake cookies, take a bath, put on PJs, decorate cookies, then watch Frosty. That got him in bed at 8:30. He's been waking up though, around 9:30 to tell us he has to use the bathroom (he does)... but he slept until seven today!
I realized (again) that I don't own a rolling pin! No problem-- we used a sturdy plastic cup. Trenton helped me mix the gingerbread mix, honey, water, and butter. We used this Crayola brand cookie making kit that I got at Target. Too cool! He totally got a kick out of using the cookie cutter like we were playing with Play Doh.
The kit had frosting as well as edible paint. Trenton and Daddy painted the bears after they had cooled off. It took everything in his power not to eat all eight bears (he had two, and a snake ;)
Not sure if we'll make a gingerbread house again, like last year. I couldn't find the one I wanted at the store... maybe the bears will be a good substitute?
2 comments:
What's with those guys' hair??
Oh So fun!!! We're going to try the house this year, even though another friend said it was a nightmare.lol. I figure I'll set it up first and then maybe we can decorate with Libby (& the GPs) the next day. I've heard there are quite the number of steps? I don't know,haven't opened the box yet. Wish I would have seen those though!
Post a Comment