We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Lacinas on Sunday. I brought the turkey from Hinck's Turkey Farm in Manasquan... they cook it and have it hot and ready to go for you there. I'd had lunch there before and the meat was delicious (they are right next to Atlantic Farms). Tiffanie cooked a side dish and made a salad and Mom made quite a few appealing recepies that she had gotten out of her diabetic food book. Mashed sweet potatoes with pecans, broccoli with parmesan cheese, stuffed mushrooms, and home-made cranberry sauce... typing this now gets me really excited to eat leftovers for dinner tonight ;) And we were all not too surprised when she had five different types of pies for dessert... Mom is so used to cooking for 20+ people! And how could I not try some of each?
Poor T thought we were staying the night (we did give him a bath and put him in pajamas)... he had spent the night at Grandma Konopack's the day before and figured it was just time to do it again at the Lacinas! Trenton did not get a nap in this day and was definitely cranky in the evening... we left around 7 and Jim said T was asleep in the car within ten minutes. He slept until 7 this morning!
Today we put the Christmas lights up... usually I decorate the inside of our upstairs windows. But I decided they would most definitely be safer outside than inside this year... little man would pull them down in seconds... Good thing the weather was mild today. I'll take pics and blog them soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment