Monday, December 1, 2008

What to Do With All Those Clothes...

I've just filled up my first bag of clothes that Oliver no longer fits in... can you believe it? The kid is growing so much and had a full pound on his brother when he was born...
Anyway, I really want to save them all to hand down to a friend. But who? Not looking like anyone will have kids any time soon. I still put them in the big Hefty One Zip bags and make Jim stuff them in the attic... but it is starting to look like a clothing store up there.

I saw this site: http://greenkiddos.blogspot.com/ and then found a link to this: http://www.handmedowns.com/ Now come on... a place where you can list your used baby clothes and make $ off of it? Sounds cool! Like a specialized Craig's List... but, unfortunately, we really aren't in one of the "regions".

Do I have a big yard sale? Donate to charity? Hmm... I guess for now, they'll be packed in bags and put up in the attic.

****
Major "duh" news of the day: Recession is Official.
Interesting article of the day: Genetic Testing to Determine Kids' Sport Preference.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

yeah, I've been passing down clothing.... but the kids I was handing them down to are all outgrowing my kids! Oh well. Ad has a hard time letting go of some of it, so I have a feeling we'll need storage space one day. ;) I'll have to check out those sites.