The check-up was for me, not Ollie... but I did get Patti to pose for this picture with him! How cool is it that she gets to catch and then hold so many babies? All of the ladies in the office commented on how big he is at 6 weeks-- I guess most kids are smaller at that point still?
My check-up went well-- stitches healed, cleared for working out (although I won't probably until January). I've been so pleased with the care I've gotten at The Center for Women's Health that I'm going to switch from my current gynecologist for my long-term care.
Somebody woke up with an incredibly messy diaper, and needed a bath ASAP. Daddy snapped these cute pics of Oliver as we tried to keep him warm before dressing him. He didn't mind and smiled away while we babbled at each other.
Last night was a rough one for Oliver. For the past two days, he's had a bit of fluid stuck in the back of his throat. It is hard to explain. It is like he is congested, but not in his nose... post-nasal drip? Anyway, I took him back to the doctor's again today to have her take a listen. Last night he was up every two hours choking-- it was scary and he was sad. I ended up sitting upright with him from 4AM until 6:30 when we got up. Anyway, she said that although he didn't seem that bad, she did hear some wheezing in his back. She gave him a Nebulizer treatment and then checked again (it had cleared up). We'll give him two or three treatments a day, especially before bedtime, and hope that helps clear this up.
Poor Trenton-- being dragged around to two doctors offices three days in a row. Mostly, he plays with his cars and watches TV in the waiting room. He knows that there is a lollipop in it for him if he is a good boy. Anyway, he was in the room with me while I waited for Patti... there were all these brochures on the back of the door he was looking at and he asked me if he could take one. "Sure," I said. Do you know which one he chose? The one with the graphic illustration of how to insert a diaphragm. I am NOT kidding. I asked him if he wanted another one ("Maybe one with a mommy on it?") and he said "No mom, this is the alien one." HA! He likes that word-- actually thinks that the stuff in balloons is called 'alien', too (instead of 'helium').
1 comment:
He does look big! And so aware of it all! ;) Go Trenton for being such a great lil man on all of those errands!
Post a Comment