Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chunky Monkey and POOF!


Lordy! Take a good look at this Chunky Monkey!
Don'tcha just want to eat him up? I do. On a regular basis. Especially around his ears...
That hair is starting to look more and more like a strawberry-blonde color each day. His left eye has been watering all week long. I've been using green tea bags on it a few times a day (that's what the doctor said to do when this happened a month ago) but it hasn't completely cleared up. So we may be heading back there tomorrow.

The cloth diapers are working out well. Positives: less $ being spent on disposables, absolutely cute bottom, very soft to hold baby. Negatives: some are a bit leaky, due to the fact that the elastic in the leg openings aren't as tight as they used to be (4 Bum Genius 2.0s that were T's); those same diapers have serious problems with the velcro sticking to everything (they are supposed to stick to the laundry tabs, but don't); and the two Happy Heinies that I got for $8 a piece are still a wee bit big around the legs on him (you can see the duckies one in the background on the picture below). The one he has on in these pics was one that I had bought for T but he didn't use much, as it was very small and tight on him. Fits Ollie just fine!
Newborns sure do pee a lot. If I leave him in cloth for over two hours, there is a good chance I'll have a leaker. But it is kinda fun to put him in a new outfit... Anyway, I've been sticking with cloth when I know I'm going to be at home and using paper diapers (what I call disposables) when we are out. And I've switched to using Tide this time after reading dozens of postings on it at DiaperSwappers.com So far, they smell fantastic and there is no staining. I'm doing one rinse, one hot wash, and two rinses. Although I tried many things before, I always had a terrible ammonia smell with them after awhile with T. From what I've read, that doesn't happen with Tide. It may break down the diapers faster than if you didn't use it, but I'll take that over the stink any day.
Anyone else using cloth, I'd be curious to know about your wash routine.



Who loves you?


So this is my angle for many times during the day. I'm sitting on the glider (which we will soon be moving back upstairs to our room) and watching T as I nurse Ollie. Here he plays a game (that he invented) called "Poof!" As he jumps, he yells "Poof!" Got it? Pretty basic.
Thank goodness for IKEA couches. Barf on 'em, pee on 'em, jump on 'em... and they're still standing!



1 comment:

Bridget said...

Love the pics!

good to know the ikea sofa is holding up good. we got a futon for the playroom from ikea and so far so good. ; ) I'm impressed by the walmart/target type prices yet much better made (real wood!) with the few pieces we've gotten recently.

I've been using tide lately too. And I'll add a little Calgon to it too. I found that the calgon helps with the rinse. Another thing I do if I think they are stinky is just add a little vinegar to the first rinse. (I do two rinses, actually, I do a hot wash with tide & calgon, then a cold short wash with no detergent)