Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Mommy, I Throwed Up"

The words that you never want to hear at 11:30 at night. Or 2:23 in the morning. Or anytime, really.

Gross-Out Alert: The following has to deal with puke. If you don't have kids, you may not be able to relate or read this without thinking "Why the heck would she blog this?" If you do have kids, you understand... it is necessary to get down into words why you only had about two hours of sleep last night.

Poor kiddo. He seemed fine all day. We went with Grandma Konopack to get pictures taken at the mall (hope to have some bootlegged copies up soon) and then kinda hung around the house the rest of the day. I rushed him into bed by 8 PM (Gossip Girl was on, come on!) and knew that he was still not asleep by 9:00 when Jim got home. I checked on him in bed and told him it was time to stop reading and start sleeping. Not sure he did that, though.

He appeared in our doorway that first time saying, "Mommy, I throwed up"... I got out of bed and found a neat little pile of puke right next to his bed. Hoping this was the end of it, Jim got him a drink of water while I cleaned up the pile (good old Bac Out). But he was up at least one more time saying "I'm not tired" before stumbling out to our door just before 2:30. Jim went to get up this time, but it was too late. He'd emptied his stomach again (carrots, calzone, red sauce-- great stuff for carpets) right in front of our door, down the hallway, and then into the potty. Not much made it in the potty. Up again slightly afterwards, and Daddy took his pillow to lay in bed with T. I think they slept for about two hours. Then it was, "I don't WANT to go to sleep" at 5:30 in the morning. So you know what? Watching Curious George on the couch sounded pretty darn good to me. I put him there with the garbage can next to him and made sure that I could hear him shout from our bedroom... and then went back to sleep. Was that bad parenting? Let's just say we were lucky, as he hasn't thrown up again since. Excuse me. Throwed up again since. (We try to correct that each time he says it, but I think it's sticking. Just like "Light-Ming-A-Queen" and "catterpidder")

On another note, the snow is coming on thick out there. We're supposed to get almost 4 inches, which would be great to play in if I didn't have a semi-sick kid. Monmouth University just called saying that the campus would be shutting down at 2:30 in order to get students and faculty home before the roads get really crowded. Now isn't that nice.


Someone is trying his darnedest to roll over. I think he'll go from back to front first. Don't they usually go the other way around? And, man, are his hands always in his mouth!

4 comments:

. said...

I hope T gets to feeling better. No putting him in bed early is not bad parenting, i put Sammy in bed about 20 minutes early on Sundays and Mondays. I like catterpidder, Sam calls them hair worns (not worms worns) I wish it would snow here like it does up there. we got maybe an inch and they closed down just about everything. Sam went from front to back, I can't wait to see a video of Ollie rolling!

kevnjacks said...

Hey Sheryl: So sorry to hear about Trenton not feeling well! I hope he gets better soon! :) God bless!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Trenton...It is hard I know. I've been very lucky so far.
Maya just wants to sleep when she is not feeling good. She likes to drink tons and tons of pedialite and sleep. It works for me!

I rush her to bed when I want to watch NCSI and Bachelor...LOL

Mina

Amanda said...

Doesn't sound like a fun night. I have to say it makes me feel really good to know you watch Gossip Girl. You know what a bad TV junkie I am. I'm happy to know that someone as intelligent as you also watches that little guilty pleasure. It's SO bad, but SOOO good!