Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Let's Explore!


Each winter, I've signed up Trenton for some sort of indoor entertainment. First it was swim classes, then music class... this year we've been doing something called Let's Explore. It is offered through the Monmouth County Parks District and is basically an arts and crafts class. I generally do not like doing arts and crafts, but I felt it was important for T to be exposed to it, as I'm sure he'll see a lot of it in school next year. They begin by letting the kids free-play with balls and then reading a story in one room. We then move to the next room where there are three stations set up (they rotate each week) and one has a craft that has to do with the story (that is usually his least favorite table).
Above and below, he goes to town on some shaving cream.


He likes using the sink to get it all off. Thank goodness for smocks.
Below, he uses the sponges to make some unique paintings.




After the crafts, its back into the first room, where the teacher blows these incredible bubbles (from Gymboree-- they don't pop as quickly as traditional ones-- I have to get some). Then they bring out the parachute. He LOVES it. Ollie hangs out with me in the sling the whole time (usually gets a nap in).





Aunt Shairna and Nana Curtis have signed him up for the next six weeks, as a birthday present. Thanks! He's gonna love it!

No comments: