Monday, April 20, 2009

30 is Sweet


Carvel cakes, sticky kisses from my boys, fried plantains, Midori sours, friends driving looong distances to help me celebrate, my husband singing a karaoke song for me... all of these things made my 30th birthday sweet and memorable. A big thank you to all of my friends and family.

Doesn't feel much different than 29 ;)










We met up at Bistro Ole in Asbury Park.

Although they do not take reservations, and we were prepared to wait, we didn't expect to be out there for TWO HOURS!

The food was delicious (Spanish/Portugese cuisine) and they allowed us to enjoy our wine outside (plastic glasses-ha!) as we waited.

By the time dinner was over, it was almost 11:00! A few of us headed over to Casey's in Neptue City for some karaoke. "You know you're in Jersey when"... the songs include "Livin' on a Prayer" and "Born to Run". (Had to include the one of Andrea and Adam making out and Jim singing "Will You Go With Me")

Really missed you, Amanda, as no one other than Jim was particularly thrilled to come up and sing.

7 comments:

Bridget said...

awww! Happy Birthday! Looks like a fun party! And Birthday Girl doesn't look a day over 22! Did they card ya? ; )

and I especially like "Doesn't feel much different than 29" not that I'm worried. My sister in law is only 28 and is already freaking out. whaaaa? lol.

KIM said...

Sounds like you had a great time; you deserved it. I thought about you that night and was wondering what Bruce songs you would sing!! We're sorry we missed it ... but how many weddings do you get to go to in Georgia on an island!?

Jim and Danielle Montalbano said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERYL!!! It looks like you had a great time -- glad to hear 30 feels like 29 so I don't have to hurry and cram lots of exciting "20s" things in by mid-July!

. said...

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY! looks like so much fun! cant wait till i turn 30, ah yes I can. :) love ya

Anonymous said...

Ah Yes Sheryl Happy Birthday!! I sure feel over the hill now knowing my firstborn just turned 30! Keep up the good work being a GREAT MOM and taking time to keep up that girlish figure! We are so proud of YOU!! Love Ya!! Mom & Dad Lacina

Amanda said...

Happy belated birthday Sheryl! Wish I could have been there. Man, I didn't realize I was one of your "older" friends. Now that you're 30 you can start forgetting how old you are. I totally told someone my age wrong the other day. Whoopsie!

Kimberly said...

Happy Belated B-day Sheryl. Looks like you had a lot of fun!! I don't know why I kept thinking Friday nights. Anyway, my friends & I are going on the 5th (Fri) so if you know anyplace good & close, that would be awesome!!!!! Next year Im gonna sing ya Happy B-day Marilyn Monroe style ; )