Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ollie's First Tooth!


So you're never going to believe this, but I actually sat here at the computer last night thinking, "I should do an April Fool's post about how the baby gets a tooth and Trenton does something wild." But then I decided against it, as I already sent out an April Fool's email to some of my favorite people and got Jim with a silly trick this morning. So my need to be the jokster was filled.
ANYWAY, so I have my finger in his mouth today as I'm trying to get him to eat some butternut squash (he has been refusing the squash and all cereal for the past few days). And I feel a rough spot! Looking at him, it is in the middle, on the bottom right. But I can also see the tooth just to the other side of it, looking like it is pushing against his front gum.
This could explain why he's been less than happy to eat his cereal (he was going well for awhile and I couldn't figure out why he started freaking out each time I put him in his high chair). AND this definitely explains why nights have been horrible for the last week or so. As I type this, I'm dying to take a nap... I've been up at least six times a night with Ollie... but I have a paper to finish today. So we'll see.
Pretty soon that little white gem will be poking up even further... I promise to get a picture of it up soon!
P.S. T didn't pop his first tooth until he was almost seven months old.
P.P.S. T's "something wild" moment today could have been when he puked a bit on our black, dry-clean-only futon. He didn't say why he did it, nor does he seem sick. Probably just too much dairy for breakfast. But, EWW GROSS!

No comments: