Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Feedback Makes Changes Happen

Anyone else thinking that as you went to vote for the school board and budget this week? I sure did.

If you are a breastfeeding mother, you owe it to all future breastfeeding mothers to check this out. Seems as though the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services wants to know what we know about the successes and failures and ways to promote nursing in our country. So take a second to put in a response in one of the fields. I wrote in section one regarding the differences in hospital care at Carle Hospital (where T was born) and Jersey Shore (where Ollie was born). Like night and day, really. How I loved the breastfeeding clinic at Carle and all it had to offer. So cool to be able to weigh Trenton, then nurse him on the glider in the private room, then weigh him again to see how much he ate! (Highly sensitive scale)

I'm a day away from handing in the BIG 'OL PAPER for class. Hoping to get some constructive comments on it. Not sure how, as I'm submitting it electronically... but we'll see. Once this is done, I can go back to exercising during naptime! Ah, who am I kidding... Napping during naptime! ;)

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Carle really had a nice set up! I had Libby in Ithaca... I just felt a tremendous amount of pressure to succeed at breastfeeding, but there weren't the resources that Carle had to offer... I struggled and had a really rough time... until I found Diane Wiesenger in Ithaca when Libby was 6 wks old (and had to pay a good bit, but worth it). At Carle they were more relaxed and laid back about it. Not so anti-formula like the previous hospital and pedi... more pro feeding the baby. I had an easier time in C-U thanks to the breastfeeding clinic... only continued with Libby b/c of Diane. I still keep in touch with her on occasion. She and Chris at Carle... angels.