The original plan was to drive to NB, go to the Fish Dinner at OLOP (my parents' church), stay overnight, and have mom watch the kids while I went to a friend's baby shower. But my folks decided to get new bathrooms installed (!) and that meant that the house was in a dusty disarray. So we drove up on Friday and back after the dinner. Mom then came down to our house on Saturday to watch the kids while Jim went to work and I went to the shower. It was nice to drive in the car w/o having to point out random things we'd pass to keep a toddler entertained ("Look! A horse!" ... "How many red lights do you see?")
This cloud in the sky was dark, ominous, and seemed to be right in front of us the entire time we were driving home on Friday night. I snapped these great pictures at various points on our trip down Rt. 18 South.
Oliver is really getting the knack of the solid food now! I think it was a combination of him cutting a tooth and really not liking the formula taste at all. So far, he's had applesauce and butternut squash (both made by mommy and organic--ha!) My goal is to make at least 75% of his baby food at home. I ordered several things on Amazon (a baby food mill grinder, special cubed trays with lids for the freezer, a cookbook) to get me started. This website is also good.
I made quite a bit of T's food, but not as much as I could have.
And with solid food comes solid poop. It's a whole new ballgame now ;)
He ate breakfast (applesauce with cereal), lunch (applesauce with cereal) and dinner (squash, applesauce) yesterday. The kid was hungry! Sleep? Well, he only woke twice to eat instead of his usual three times. Add on two more times for a paci recovery, and that was a pretty good night's sleep for me...
Below, T enjoys some tea while he reads the Sunday paper.
Sunday afternoon was quite beautiful (it has been generally rainy or windy this week). We took the kids to the Purple Park for the first time (thanks, Dawn, for reminding me of it!) Trenton loved falling from the equipment into the squishy tires below. I'm sure we'll be coming back here again soon.
1 comment:
that is a good baby food website! I also used a few books in the champaign library... there was one that was really awesome. I wish I could remember the title... will have to go back in the blog to look. I made most of Libby's babyfood... was less successful at keeping up with Logan's. Oh well, he lived. ; )
Post a Comment