As I sit here typing this, I'm listening to Little Man scream. I mean HOWL. He's in the Pack N Play downstairs, alternating between moans, quiet, and screaming. I know he is not hungry, because he just ate an hour ago. It is partially my fault; he usually sleeps for 45 minutes down there alone while I put T to sleep and (try to) check email and then wakes up. I then hold him or calm him down and let him finish his nap in our bed. But lately, sleeping time for Ollie has been INSANE. I don't know if it is teething, or bad habits (like allowing him to nurse three times during the night and not cry it out) or what.
So here's my plan: I'm going to get Trenton to sleep on the futon in the spare room for a few nights (which should be interesting, as he just wet his own bed this morning...) With T in the front room (and a little fan on for some white noise), I think I'll be able to let Oliver cry a bit longer at night. Really, he just needs to realize that he DOES NOT NEED TO EAT at 10PM, 2AM, 4:45 AM or anything that is remotely near those times. And when he's not waking to nurse, I'm not really sure why he is waking-- needs the paci? wants to sleep with me? gas? teething? I tried Tylenol last night and did a lot of letting him cry next to me in bed (poor Jim, on the couch again). But nothing worked. Actually, the only thing that worked was letting him nurse.
Hm.
So we'll try this crying thing a bit and try to get down to one or two feedings a night... then maybe I'll be coherent and nice and less sleep-deprived.
And yes, he is definitely our last baby. ;)
Ah! Now here is the nice stuff I will write!
As the name of this post suggests, Little Man has been saying what I think may be his first word-- MaMa-- for the past two days now. Usually it is when he is somewhere he does not want to be-- like in his Exersaucer, or on the playmat, or lying on the bed while we get ready this morning. Seriously, though, it is so cute and clear-- "MuhMah!" We all know Trenton was an early talker, and boy did he talk... So maybe Ollie will be our second chatterbox? Eventually.
And now the house is quiet... self-soothing at its finest.
No comments:
Post a Comment