Have I told you yet that that is his nickname? "Jolly Ollie"? This is because the kid is almost always so darn happy. I snapped these yesterday, as he wore his Hoboken shirt (thanks Aunt Kim-- nice hand-me-down from T).
HOWEVER:
He has been inconsolable the past few nights and I've given him Tylenol at those times. I really think he is teething and it is waking him up... the medicine helps. But during the day he is sufficiently distracted and happy.
AND:
He just loves it when I carry him around. Thank goodness for my sling. I swear, they love being in womb-like environments. Slings rock, despite what the critics say (of course, if you don't use them properly, you're going to have a problem!) Check out this article (thanks, Jen!) about a funky European tub that is making a splash (!) in the American market.
And you know that only DADDY can get him to smile that big!
The video was taken when Trenton was still napping (and Ollie was awake-- that like, never happens).
All dressed up with no place to go.
This shirt became the casualty of a prune and sweet potato lunch about two hours after I put it on him. Yes, it all came out in the wash.
Update on the diaper situation: Ollie's had a bit of an irritation in his diaper area for quite some time now. I've changed detergents, done extra washes, used cream... I think we have it narrowed down to the diapers themselves. Most of the ones in my stash are made with a fleece inner liner. Apparently many kids can just be easily irritated (in sensitive places) to this polyester fabric. So I've taken to putting Imse Vimse flushable liners in the front of his diaper. We used to use these for T so that we could easily dispose of poop... but they work well as a comfortable barrier for Ollie. HOWEVER, I certainly don't want to do this for the next few years... So I'm looking into getting more diapers that are NOT made with a fleece inner. I have an organic cotton bumGenius diaper and a cotton velour Swaddlebees diaper, and one Rump-a-Rooz... all of the rest, though, have fleece.
The picture above is of a shipment of five new Rump-a-Rooz diapers. I almost cried when I thought that they'd never get to grace our little guy's bum... and then I got this email from them:
Hi Sheryl,
We have no problems with you sending back the unused and unopened diapers for a refund. I have attached an RE Form the you will need to fill out and send back with the diapers.
I also wanted to mention that Rump-A-Rooz diapers are not made with fleece. We use a 100% hypo-allergenic microchamois of which there is no allergy. Most children with polyester sensitivities have the "allergic" reaction (which is really just an irritation) to the fleece or especially microsuede but it is not an allergy.
Sorry to hear about you son! Hopefully his rump gets better soon!
I also wanted to mention that Rump-A-Rooz diapers are not made with fleece. We use a 100% hypo-allergenic microchamois of which there is no allergy. Most children with polyester sensitivities have the "allergic" reaction (which is really just an irritation) to the fleece or especially microsuede but it is not an allergy.
Sorry to hear about you son! Hopefully his rump gets better soon!
Have A Fluffy Day!
Now THAT is some excellent customer service! My plan is to put him in the RAR diaper that I already own WITHOUT a liner and see how it goes... Hopefully, I won't have to send back the diapers.
This movie is of Trenton and our neighbor Christian. The tree in the front yard is in full bloom and the kids had a blast playing in the "Pink Snow".
1 comment:
I LOVE my sling (http://www.mobywrap.com/)! It allows me to actually eat lunch some days and I had to "wear" James one night to get him to sleep bc he was so miserably fussy (prolly gassy, thus the no dairy now).
Post a Comment