Meet Oliver. AKA Jaws.
I get out of the shower this morning and hear this sawing sound. Seriously, it was the sound that you hear when a cartoon character is using a saw to cut down a tree trunk... "Ree ruh, ree ruh..."
I guess he thinks that because he has teeth he can teeth on his crib? Usually I never leave him alone and awake in there... going to have to do a better job of that in the future. See evidence below.
The kicker is, that is a new spot... Trenton pretty much gnawed the heck out of the top two side rails once he was able to stand up in the crib. I remember thinking, "Who's ingenious idea was it to make a wicked expensive crib that would supposedly grow with your baby and last for years?" Yeah, right. People who don't know that babies will teeth on ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING, including $500 cribs... I'm not sure there is any part to this crib left that is spared from the bite-marks of the Konopack boys. Anyone who has an idea for fixing this, lemmie know.
We spent the rainy morning getting baby toys down from the attic for Ollie to play with and watching Taylor Swift on the Today show. Trenton was beside himself with glee when she sang Teardrops On My Guitar.
2 comments:
You could try sanding it down and re-finishing it. I can't tell from the pictures how badly gnawed the wood is, but there are some older hand-planers and the like that should be able to help you sand and take off the more shallow problems.
Or you could look up a local carpenter. They're probably willing to help out =)
Too bad you can't keep some frozen bananas in his crib with him to let him gnaw on those instead of the wood! Thanks for the clip of Taylor Swift -- I was SO MAD at myself for not turning on the TV that morning to watch the Today Show (for some reason I was out of my daily routine)! Did you watch the Dateline NBC Special w/ Hoda following her around? I have it Tivo-ed and can't wait to watch it! She opened for Rascal Flatts last year and was amazing -- that's when we became huge fans here. I love Ollie's mohawk in some of the pics -- it is so hard to control the hair on these little boys!
Post a Comment