Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Keep 'Em Busy

Rain? Yeah, we have rain. A whole freakin' lot of it. I know it is spring, but COME ON. Rain all this week. And the week before that.
So what do you do when you are stuck in the house with kids?
You allow them to teethe on things you really shouldn't.

You tell them they can do whatever they want to do in their underwear. And (gasp) mix Play Doh colors together. Because it gives you ten more minutes of peace!

You allow the kid to roll off of the play mat and then take his picture. Come on, he is learning about new textures (like a crunchy carpet), right? Oh, and you make sure to turn him away from the TV that his brother is watching constantly. Try to keep him pure for just a little longer...

4 comments:

Dani said...

LOL -- we feel your pain -- our backyard has been a swamp for weeks now! It's been dry for a few days now so the yard could get mowed -- but more rain moves in tomorrow...grrr! I'm glad I don't have a toddler to entertain or I'd go nuts -- James loves the bright colors on the TV during baseball games, so I'm impressed you've kept Ollie off the boob tube this long! Hang in there, the sun & outrageous humidity will be here soon :-)

Amanda said...

Love the pick with the beer. Won't be long before there's a pic of Finn with a PBR I'm sure. Finn's already a TV addict, but he is my son so there was really know way around it. We had beautiful weather here today. I'll wish it your way.

Andrea said...

LOVING the beer shot - start 'em early!

Jay said...

Looks like Jim misunderstood when you asked him to "give Ollie a bottle." :-D