
Ahh! Memorial Day!
This year I decided to take the kids to the parade in Ocean Grove (which is actually a part of Neptune Township). Although it was short and sweet, they did throw candy (a step up from
last year). I had prepped Trenton by reading
a book with him about Memorial Day , making sure that he understood that this holiday was significant, patriotic, and more than just a parade ;)

Together we clapped as each veteran walked by.
T wore his Statue of Liberty bathing suit.

Ollie liked the parade, for sure. Only problem was, they said it would begin at 10, and it didn't get to us until 45 minutes later.... luckily, I had some fruit salad and a few cars. You can do anything with cars...
A lady from the township took our picture. You might see it
here ;) Not sure if it will be as nice as the one below:


We skipped the 21 gun salute and instead headed down to the beach. It was a bold move for me-- packing a lunch and deciding to see if I could get Ollie to nap on the beach. Poor kid was hot and cranky-- kept rubbing sand in his eyes. He wouldn't rest on me and he wouldn't rest in the beach tent I brought along (typical for him-- he's never been a bedtime cuddler). Plus, there was all the commotion... Trenton had befriended a big kid on the beach and was crushed when I told him we'd have to leave.
But there will be more days, son! Summer is just beginning!
1 comment:
I took Maya to the parade too.
It only starts from the front of our apartment. We heard bands and saw fire engines and such several hours before the beginning.
Maya loved it for candies and of course men in uniforms ;p
Post a Comment